Lung King Heen was an incredible dining experience for my wife and I. We were able to dine there as part of our around-the-world honeymoon. Lung King Heen translates into View of the Dragon and is located in the Four Seasons hotel in Hong Kong. The hotel was a quick ride from our hotel, and very centrally located. After dinner we were able to walkthrough the IFC and then found the one local brewery in Hong Kong. Dining at the restaurant would almost make us think of staying at the Four Seasons when we next return to Hong Kong. While there are a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor for the restaurant it came with a high personal recommendation and our experience was everything you can expect from a 3* restaurant.
We regret not taking more pictures of our food. I am not big on food pictures, but on this occasion I regret it and for good reason. The food and service were both outstanding. My wife and I have had quite a few expensive meals, and ate at 1* Michelin rated restaurants before, but this was our first 3* experience.
I had notified the restaurant prior to our visit that my wife and I would be celebrating our recent marriage and traveling through Hong Kong as part of our honeymoon. The restaurant staff was among the best we have ever had.
The Manager, helped to craft a custom tasting menu for my wife and I while the Sommelier created a custom drink pairing. We probably had 8 different courses that night, including complimentary dessert after our more traditional Cantonese desserts. Some of the dishes we tried were:
- Hot and Sour Tofu Soup with Shrimp Wontons
- Lung King Heen Appetiser Combination – Crispy Suckling Pig, Barbecued Pork with Honey, Roast Goose with Plum Sauce
- Wok-Fried Superior Australian Wagyu Beef Cubes with Sarcodon Aspratus and Capsicum
- Double-Boiled Matsutake Mushrooms with Winter Melon, Yellow and Yu Fungus
- Steamed Sliced Winter Melon with Shrimp and Crab Meat (4 Pieces)
- Braised Superior Bird’s Nest with Shredded Abalone and Conpoy
- Sweetened Red Bean Cream with Lotus Seeds and Lily Bulbs
- Chilled Sweetened Green Beans with Seaweed
The current chef’s menu has items many of the same items we ate during our dinner, but were not on the menu at the time. I can only hope that our dining experience helped to enhance their tasting menu or that we were guinea pigs.
In the end it was an incredible meal, if only we had had a better table (not that ours was bad, but I reserved too late to get a window table).